Looking for a job? You most definitely won't find that at Gloo.ng. But you will find a career--and a calling!
A career at Gloo.ng offers you a chance to make a difference in your life and the lives of people in Africa. We help our associates realize their dreams by creating opportunities for them to discover and fulfill their personal and professional vision within the context of our corporate vision. Our people have made laser-beam focus on customer satisfaction their calling in life. What is yours? Come and discover it--or fulfill it--with us! Our True North is to do to supermarket shopping in Africa what Amazon did to book shopping in the US.
If you are interested in becoming a part of our Glootian Team and in running with The Vision, please send your resume as a .pdf file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the vacancy you are applying for as the subject title of the email.
- Software Engineer/Intern (PHP/Quality Assurance).
- Work with the team to develop functional tests for web applications
- Work with the team to execute and modify existing test cases/suites
- Work with the team to build/extend Magento modules
- Work with the team to provide technical support for the application.
- Native alignment with our Glootian Culture, Values & Beatitudes: http://www.gloo.ng/about-us.
- OND or Equivalent Degree
- Working Knowledge of PHP
- Knowledge of HTML
- Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of Software Testing
- Worked with any PHP MVC Framework
- Portfolio of work done (including school or personal projects)
- Interaction with Magento or any other ecommerce framework
- Work with vendors and suppliers to fulfill purchase orders.
- Assist with product shelving.
- Work with team to generate Stock Reports and Re-order levels.
- Work with team to sign-up new sources for products and merchandise.
- Native alignment with our Glootian Culture, Values and Beatitudes:Gloo.ng
- OND or Equivalent Degree.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across different business units.
- Demonstrated ability to take data from multiple sources/formats and categorize and synthesize, in order to identify patterns and opportunities around sourcing, pricing strategies, etc.
- Market knowledge of a variety of direct material and/or [industrial] spend categories.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- High energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and driven by the passion to surmount seemingly impossible challenges/tasks/projects and yet is details-oriented.